Do you ever have that morning when you wake up the sun is shining in your window and you realise.. oh no bikini season is almost here! I imagine every girl does.. then freaks out a little (which I have just done) and jumps straight into the gym! Well relax.. it comes every year and you do the same thing each summer no doubt so.. take a few deep breathes, tell yourself you look great and start as you mean to go on!
Some quick and easy things I have started doing is:
- carry around a 3ltr bottle of water and make sure you drink it all in one day
- having a bullet proof coffee each morning, a long black with a tsp of coconut oil blended. This has given me some serious morning energy and I am loving it!
- snacks- I don’t go anywhere with out some snacks- my go-to’s are protein balls, fruit, veggie sticks!
- plan your gym schedule and stick to it! I am a divil for aiming to please others and end up changing my own plans in place so I have decided to put a regime in place and stick to it. Other plans can be built around it.
- avoid alcohol- we all know we should do this but for a busy working adult.. sometimes we just ‘need’ that wine! I’m not going to say avoid it all together but give it a miss on school nights and just enjoy a glass or two over the weekend.. instead of the bottle!
- sleep- sleep is such an important element to our day which we tend to side step. I am a nightmare without sleep so it’s vital I get my 8 hours in for the sake of those around me and it’s important for you too. Allow your body time to shut off, catch up and relax. To help this- leave the laptop outside the bedroom, turn off net flicks at a certain time- do not allow for the ‘one more episode’ excuse, switch your phone to airplane mode when your in bed and put it to the side.
- don’t be too hard on yourself. We are all our own worst critics so try giving yourself a little bit of praise every now and then. If you fall off the bandwagon- just get back on it! It’s that easy..!